Saturday, August 18, 2007

Accomodation Angst

Warning: The author was having a mouth ulcer and a cold when he was blogging, therefore he was under a painfully unspeakable bad mood. Beware of harsh comments and forgive the rudeness in his article.



Well, the title says it all, but in other words, Desaria sucks! No, it has nothing to do with my housemates, they are friendly and nice, and they don't SMOKE, thank god they don't! Before I got too carried away by the smoking issue, let's get back to the main topic about Desaria, almost everything there are less than satisfying. The food, the facilities, the internet connection, the frequent night chaos, noisy surroundings especially at night, etc...





For your information, I'm currently staying in a master bedroom(sharing) with air-conditional, the monthly rental is RM380 a month. What a promising sum of money, isn't it? Anyone paying this rate would expect a better quality of living standard. Let's not talk about 'better quality', at least it has to be satisfactory. But no! First of all, there's no washing machine, not even one on each floor, and they call that 'fully furnished'. As a result, we have to hand-wash our own clothes. Students who are tolerating enough(and loaded enough) will wash their clothes in the insanely expensive Dobi. But the Dobi looks more like a messy home with huge amount of clothes and a few indoor clothes racks rather than a...well, typical Dobi.





Secondly, we have to pay for our own internet connection because it's not included in the monthly rental. Don't ask me what exactly I'm paying for with RM380 bacause I don't know! Okay, fine, I'll pay RM65 monthly for the 'best' connection available, and I've learned ever since that if you managed to get connected, your web-pages loaded in less than a minute, and you managed to surf the net for half an hour without getting disconnected, it's the best you can hope for.





Am I supposed to be happy if there're cleaners cleaning my house once a week. Ya, I would be more than happy if they're doing their job well and they don't sweep the dust and hairs into my room. The last time they came to my house, I have to close my door to avoid their noisy chattering. After they left, I found out that that the area outside my room and below my door were filled with dust and hairs. Whenever I clean my room, I have to mop the whole house because it's very dirty, even after the cleaners came.





I'm not that choosy when it comes to food, but I have to admit that food in Desaria is terrible! The food in Mamak Cafe is always the same, their fried rice taste smoky and almost everything else are not to be eaten everyday, even if you can finish them. This morning I ordered a Wantan Mee in plaza and guess what, sugar in the mee? I managed to force half of it into my mouth before I gave up, not bad eh? Next time if there's a Limkokwing Fear Factor, I will surely recommend the food here.





I like to swim. But ever since I came here, I never swim. I don't like the pool because it's badly dislocated. It's in the middle of all the blocks and I prefer it to be a fish pond rather than a swimming pool. When I first saw the pool, I knew something was wrong with it. It doesn't feel like a real swimming pool.








We have to pay RM70 a month for the daily busses to LUCT or other shopping malls(I really don't know what I'm paying with the monthly rental). Yes, it's good to have special busses from here to LUCT everyday, but I would appreciate it better if we have more busses especially in the morning, so that I don't have to stand in the bus carrying my T-square in one hand and my precious model in the other hand. Besides that, it would solve the problem of students(or are they?) rushing toward the buses like they never seen them in ages.





Lastly(not exactly, but I have no time to complain everything), the worst of all, is the noisy environment everynight till 2 or even 3 o clock in the morning. Recently, there will always be huge chaos during the night. I don't know what's wrong, but the first time it happened was when a couple was playing and one of them dropped into the pool, or was it because of somebody coughed loudly? It's really insane, the students started shouting and throwing things into the pool(Yes, I told you about the problem of the pool). Some 'circus performers' even played with fires and firecrackers. The 'clever' security guards made matter worse by cutting off the electricity of all the blocks. I admit that I was cheering too because I thought it was 'cool', but after that, I realised that I really don't want it to happen everynight. I really wanted to shout 'SHUT UP! You rowdy people!' everytime it happens(yes, it still happens). I know the students are under stress because of the copious assignments and all that, but shouting and blasting musics in the night is not the solution. We are Limkokwing students, not some uncivilised brats from the jungle.





I think I'll stop right here, I'm having a cool now(to top up with the ulcer :( ). I hope everything in Desaria will improve in the future. Yucks, something from my nose is all over the keyboard...time to go...bye...*ah choo*

No comments: