Sunday, September 2, 2007

The end of a MAGICAL adventure :(

I'm sure that everyone knows that wizard guy, that 'Potter' guy created by the famous author J.K.Rowling(unless you've been living in the cave for the past 3 months). Recently, the last installment to the worldwide bestseller, 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' was released in 21st of July worldwide, and I was fortunate(or was it unfortunate?) enough to be one of the earliest crazy fans to laid our hands on the book on the first day it was released(I pre-ordered the book, yes, how STUPID I was). Yes, I know it's not gonna be a perfect starting for poor Harry, some hypermarkets in Malaysia started selling the book for an unbelievable low price! How dare they sell the book for a price so low? It's disrespectful to the author and it seriously threatens the value of the book! And then major bookstores started their boycotting and then it's drama, drama, and drama...

Okay, let's forget about the pricing drama...After I got my own copy, which was the day before I came to Limkokwing, I started reading it immediately, even when I was in the car on the way to Cyberjaya, and once again I was pulled into the amazing adventure of Harry Potter and his friends, into the magical realm of good and evil, into the wonderful world full of magical creatures and powerful spells! *looking upwards dreamily with hands clasped on chest, blinking uncontrollably* Erm, actually it's not that dramatic, but anyway, I was happy to continue reading the story that captured me so much since I first laid my eyes on the first book.

I was sad to know that there'll be no more Hogwarts for the trio, but at the same time I was happy to know that they have matured much more in the last book. It's no longer an innocent children book with sugar and spice and everything nice, it's darker and more mature than ever, and I was happy to know that it's complete different from the other sequels, in a good way.

In the last book, the trio has to go on a tough journey, searching for the remaining Hocruxes and destroy them one by one, before they can finally confront Lord Voldermort and kill him once and for all. During the journey, they faced many problems, including the breaking point of their friendship and the betrayal of their trusted friends.

Of course, one of the reasons I like this book so much is because of the humor. One of the character, Ron, was the one making funny jokes all the time. I couldn't help but laughing hysterically when I was reading, and it didn't help that I have a roommate :P. Besides that, there were also times when I gripped in horror or suspense that, even a tiny sound will make me jump.

I was supposed to cry or weep at some point(ya I know I know...but THIS is Harry Potter!). But my housemates were watching comedy in my room, and reading a sad part with laughing sound effects wasn't my idea of enjoying Harry Potter. As a result, I had to move to another friend's house, and it was enough to affect my concentration.

However, I was able to enjoy the essence of the book, and I managed to finish the book in three days, partly happy that they had a happy ending, but partly sad that there will be no more Harry Potter. I hope that Jo will write more great stories like Harry Potter and we fans will be able to enjoy the best of her imagination.

It's one o'clock now....I know I missed the due date....but the assignments are troubling me...and if I don't have any of them...I will probably be reading the book for the tenth time by now. Bye Harry...Bye everyone...

No comments: